Wednesday, September 15, 2010

This is why...

This is why I haven't done this before. I forget to post and then things get all dusty and then I remember and where was I?
Summer is gone. Short and fast. I don't mind too much that the weather is fast becoming "sweater weather." Fall is my favorite time of the year.
Its time to open those containers and dig out your fall wardrobe. Hopefully, things still fit, but if not you can turn those old sweaters and sweatshirts into beautiful recycled items.

Take and old wool sweater and wash in very hot water. It will shrink and provide you with a nice felted wool piece of material you can make beautiful wool Christmas stockings with. Find a good stocking pattern or make one yourself, use pinking shears to cut out two pieces and sew them together. Leave the pinking side our or turn inside out and embellish with buttons, flowers, and ribbons. These make great gifts when stuffed with carefully chosen items for that special person.

Still hoping my tomatoes ripen before the first frost.