Thursday, January 19, 2012

Vintage Peeps and Neat Old Stuff




Last weekend two of my Vintage Peeps and I created a retreat for ourselves. We've been doing this for the last ?? years. Just to get away and connect with each other. We hang out, watch movies, drink coffee and sometimes adult beverages (a real good Cupcake Merlot). We do handwork in the evening including quilting, embroidery and binding.

Here is a great link if you've forgotten your basic embroidery stitches.



I finished the top to the AUTUMN pillow by Crab Apple Hill. Here is a picture:

I still haven't picked out fabric for the pillow. I LOVE Crabapple Hill and my sister bought me three of these pillows. Unfortunately, I am missing Winter. I will have to remedy that. Here is the link to Crabapple Hill Studio.

It is also a tradition to watch the movie So I Married An Axe Murderer. This is not a horror flick. It is a Mike Myers (SNL comedian) and it is funny. It will supply you with endless quotes such as "HEED pants now!" and "Piper down!" and "His head is so big it has its own solar system!". They might not seem funny until you hear them in Mike Myers' Scottish brogue. Go ahead I dare you!

You might want a nice cup of warm apple cider. Oh and don't forget to put on your "pie pants" as my friend at Sunny Simple Life calls elastic waist pajama pants.

We always take one day to go antiquing and junkin' and its also our tradition to stop by our friend CP's shop in downtown Spokane called Neat Old Stuff. Her shop is a feast for the eyes and she ALWAYS has treasures for everyone's taste.
If I had not forgotten to take my iPhone/camera I would have taken some pictures to share with you. However, I did and I don't. Next time.

I have a question for you. I found out recently that bloggers like me (old or should I say Vintage who have mostly raised their children are called shelter bloggers). Well, okkkayy, but what does that mean? I asked my friends and we decided that since we've been doing this repurpose, recycle, do with what you have stuff for years and years that we are the most Excellent Vintage Peeps. So from now on, I will be using the term Vintage to describe myself. Like a fine wine or a beautiful antique we get better with age and experience. (shelter blogger??? what??)

For Now,
Vintage Clara



5 comments:

  1. I love having the "Three Musketeers" in my store! It's a time to renew friendships and laugh about life's little curveballs. We definitely need to get together more often. LMAO ~ your friend CP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks CP. We always love coming to Neat Old Stuff. We just don't make enough time for the fun in our lives. Looking forward to next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So they have a name for us older bloggers now? I hope it is a good one because we were the first to buy PC's and get one line many moons ago. When it was sooooo slow and we had to put up with dial up. Remember?
    Love your site. Thanks for visiting mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like alot of fun, it would be nice to have a "getaway" Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Ginger. Those of us "experience women are called shelter bloggers". We are the ones that know that "whole foods and repurposing" is not new and we've been doing it for a long time because we learned it from our mothers and grandmothers.

    ReplyDelete